It's been a while since I looked at this but I think you need
service lmtp {
  inet_listener lmtp {
    ssl = yes
To restrict login by IP address
protocol lmtp {
  login_trusted_networks = 127.0.0.1
Also, last time I looked at this, the LMTP TLS server does not check the
subject name on a client certificate, so if you intend to use client
certificates, you will need to set up a dedicated certificate authority who's
only job is to issue LMTP client certificates.