Bernardo Reino said on Sun, 19 Nov 2023 09:04:15 +0100 (CET)

>On Sun, 19 Nov 2023, Steve Litt wrote:
>
>> Michael Orlitzky said on Sat, 18 Nov 2023 17:31:49 -0500

>>> You probably don't have to do anything. SSLv2 and SSLv3 have been
>>> disabled by default in OpenSSL for a while, and my dovecot default
>>> is,
>>>
>>>  # doveconf -d | grep ssl_min_protocol
>>>  ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1.2
>>
>> Nice! I'll make that change tomorrow. Thanks!
>
>Note that the above is actually the *default*, at least in the debian
>12 (bookworm) version, so you should not have do anything.
>
>(and generally it is not recommended to deviate from defaults unless
>you really know what you're doing, otherwise you may end up actually
>worsening the security wrt the defaults).
>
>Good luck.

Thanks Bernardo,

doveconf -d shows that I have no such config key as ssl_protocols, my
ssl_min_protocol is TLSv1.2, and the default ssl_cipher_list is the
following huge string:

ALL:!kRSA:!SRP:!kDHd:!DSS:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!3DES:!MD5:!PSK:!RC4:!ADH:!LOW@STRENGTH

Is the preceding the safest and most bug free, or should I modify it in
dovecot.conf?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt