Il giorno mer 10 apr 2024 alle ore 21:40 Kirill Miazine via dovecot
<dovecot@dovecot.org> ha scritto:
> What you describe is exactly what I have been doing since ... forever....
>
> - reduce TTL
> - setup new server
> - rsync
> - stop ALL mail services on old server (also anything which might be
> doing deliveries, this is important), kill client connections, if any
> - rsync again
> - update DNS
> - start mail service on new server
> - verify
> - increase TTL

this is what i've planned, but I have to be 10000% sure that clients
wont re-download all messages again.
What could trigger a new re-download of message ?
The new server would be able to handle the mails stored with the old
hostname and at the same time handle
the mails stored with the new hostname (and thus different file name)