> John Stoffel via dovecot skrev den 2024-04-16 14:51:
>
> > In general, usernames should NOT be case sensitive, that way leads
> > madness.

Linux user names are case sensitive. I tend not to argue with basis unix/linux
implementations, those are mostly well thought through by experts. This is from
before the time that 'idiot' companies started using email addresses for
logins, so it is easier (to track users across platforms), after a decade or so
these idiots are starting to realize this has not been to smart, forcing them
to introduce 2fa work-arounds. Having a separate undisclosed username already
is a form of 2fa. This is what you get when you use a hammer on a screw instead
of a screwdriver.