On 01/05/2024 04:39 EEST David Mehler via dovecot
     <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:

     Hello,

     I've got a task to migrate a Dovecot mailstore, mailboxes, public
     folders, etc from an older server (it runs Dovecot 2.2.x) to a new
     server (running Dovecot 2.3.x). At the same time I'm needing to
     change
     mailbox storage formats, going from Mbox (on old server) to Maildir
     (on
     new server). I'm not sure if any of the mailboxes are compressed with
     zlib or encrypted, there's a lot of them, is there a way to find out
     compression or encryption and decompress/decrypt them prior to
     migration?

     Suggestions welcome.
     Thanks.
     Dave.

     --
     Sent from Mozilla Thunderbird 91.13.1

We have a migration guide at https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/
migrating_mailboxes/

This should help you out. If mailboxes are compressed/encrypted and they work
today, no need to do anything about them.

Important thing is to try out with test account(s) first.

Aki