On 07/01/2013 11:55 PM, Rob Clark wrote:
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Sebastian Hesselbarth
<sebastian.hesselba...@gmail.com>  wrote:
- TDA998x irq handling - ignored
- TDA998x sync fix - ignored

At least the sync fix, looks like I missed it (it probably is a good
idea to CC me if you want me to look at it).  Looks like there was
some follow-up discussion on both patches, unless I missed seeing a
newer version of those patches.

Yeah, I will update the patch for current mainline linux as it was
based on some of Russell's RFC patches.

Sometimes if you think a patch has been ignored/forgotten, it doesn't
hurt to ping on mailing list or #dri-devel..  a lot of us are working
not just on kernel (the relatively small part in the whole linux
graphics stack), but also mesa and/or x11.  Some times things end up
several pages down in the mail folder.  It's not because we are all
sitting on a beach drinking margaritas, or because we don't like you.
It is just because we are busy and missed it.

Last few months I've been pretty buried in r/e + gallium driver for
new gpu, so I wasn't always checking dri-devel list every day.  At
least now I am in drm-driver mode again ;-)

It is ok, I don't blame anyone here. Darren wants to test it on tilcdc.
I also found a datasheet for TDA9983b which is kind of compatible but
has more information about register layout in it. IIRC digikey also has
it.

- Fix drm I2C slave encoder probing

If you have a better idea about how to make the slave encoder probing
better (and/or more generic to support stuff other than i2c), please
send RFC patch.  (And if you already did this, please send updated
version, see previous point about sometimes missing patches.)

Also, will send an updated fix.

Sebastian