khaqq wrote:
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 22:35:37 -0500
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/8/05, Roland Scheidegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

khaqq wrote:

I wonder if different *video* chip revisions could be a factor.

An interesting idea. I've never heard that there were multiple revisions
of these chips (which made it to retail), though it might be possible.
It should be printed on the gpu itself afaik, or is it possible to get
this information otherwise?

I think you can grab it from a register.  also lspci might tell you.

This is what I have on mine :

RADEON 8800
215R7MAGA13H
G20152.1
0219AA
TAIWAN

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R200 QH [Radeon
8500] (rev 80) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc FireGL 8800 128Mb
I'm not sure where the die revision would show up there, but in any case I didn't find indication there are other r200 chips around which have a different designation (215R7MAGA13H is I think what matters here, though 8500/9100 cards all have a r200 chip with 215R7AAGA13H instead, not sure why it would have a different name there).

Roland