Il 14/11/18 16:13, Matt Johnston ha scritto:

I'm not keen on changing dbclient, the current implementation saves a network
roundtrip. It's perfectly reasonable according to the spec. If you have Cisco
support could you report it to them?

Unfortunately I don't have Cisco support.
I think they did it on purpose, maybe to stop some kind of attack (back in the old days sendmail's greet_pause was enough to spot spambots).

rfc4253:
5.2.  New Client, Old Server

RFC's are always right, it's definitely a cisco bug/feature!
I'll try to register and report the problem to them, just for fun.
Thank you,
cheers

--
/\/ / /-<