Hello,

First of all, let me just say this: awesome piece of software. Cheers!

I am, however, a bit confused about the idle/keepalive settings. I have
been working with OpenSSH quite a bit, and do understand the concepts
around ServerAlive and ClientAlive as well as the TCPKeepAlive settings.
But I still struggle to wrap my head around -K and -I in dropbear. It's a
tad bit unclear which one maps to which one; or in other words, which one
happends on what layer.

Maybe, my mistake here is trying to understand those in the context of the
OpenSSH settings, but on some level, it's the same protocol.

So, looking at the code, I think this is what happens:
- Setting -Kx will send an ssh packed every x seconds, and if there's no
answer 3 times in a row, it considers the connection to be dead. So this is
essentially ServerAlive/ClientAlive mechanism.
- Specifying -Iy would say, if there's no incoming or outgoing data for y
seconds, it considers the connection dead. So this is sort of the others
side of the TCP keepalive coin.

Is my understanding correct? If not, can someone please shed some light on
this for me?

Regards,
Daniel