Hello,

Try this. It should work for you.

                <field>
                    <dc-schema>dc</dc-schema>
                    <dc-element>description</dc-element>
                    <dc-qualifier></dc-qualifier>
                    <language
value-pairs-name="common_iso_languages">true</language>
                    <repeatable>false</repeatable>
                    <label>Language</label>
                    <input-type
value-pairs-name="common_iso_languages">dropdown</input-type>
                    <hint>Select the language of the main content of the
item. If the language does not appear in the
                        list, please select 'Other'. If the content does
not really have a language (for example, if it
                        is a dataset or an image) please select 'N/A'.
                    </hint>
                    <required></required>
                </field>

It think it failed with an error ( field description.null has no language
attribute ) because there was no value-pairs-name with the
name common_iso_languages2. If it has to be a custom value-pairs-name that
you need to use then just create it and customize with any language you
want and add it to the bottom of submission file somewhere near the other
value-pairs-names and reference it in the above field.

Hope it help you.