From: dspace-tech@googlegroups.com <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
John Rodriquez (praaks) <pra...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 7:10 AM
To: DSpace Technical Support <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [dspace-tech] ingesting HTML archives

Hi,

The documentation on how to handle HTML archives which contain relative links
hasn't been updated for DSpace 7
(https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Ingesting+HTML+Archives). In DSpace 7
(I'm running 7.4), I realize bitstreams now have UUIDs instead of sequence ids
in their URLs. This seems to break the relative links in the HTML file. Links
that worked in DSpace 6 no longer work in DSpace 7. The relative link is
converted to a link containing the main HTML files's UUID. For example:

The main HTML file link in the item record:
http://dspace.xxxx.ee:8080/server/api/core/bitstreams/412b6597-1b7a-4edf-8ca1-1effd3185276/content

The relative link in the main HTML file for a "goto.html" becomes:
http://dspace.xxxx.ee:8080/server/api/core/bitstreams/412b6597-1b7a-4edf-8ca1-1effd3185276/goto.html
   ... resulting in a 404 error ...

... though of course, this second file has its own UUID, and its direct address
is:
http://testdspace.tktk.ee:8080/server/api/core/bitstreams/fe3299dc-327e-429f-9ec8-8652e84af8f3/content

Is there a way to get around this so relative links aren't broken? Maybe I've
misunderstood something? Maybe it's a configuration issue?

Regards,

John Rodriquez
Educational Technologist
Tallinna Tehnikakõrgkool, UAS

dspace-tech+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:dspace-tech+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/b7d9836d-005d-4df7-91d7-ba8ee8907019n%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/b7d9836d-005d-4df7-91d7-ba8ee8907019n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.