Hi David,

No, the "Initial Questions" step doesn't exist in DSpace 7.  We dropped it
because the submission form has moved to a single page (all fields/sections are
on one webpage).  In DSpace 6, this "Initial Questions" step essentially loaded
the next page of the form based on the answers provided.  In DSpace 7, that's
not easy to achieve because the entire form loads at once & users can begin
interacting with any step/section they want (there's no guarrantee they'd start
with the "initial questions" step if it appeared).

It is​ possible to dynamically add/remove individual metadata fields (see "Item
Type Based Metadata Collection" at
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Submission+User+Interface#SubmissionUserInterface-ItemtypeBasedMetadataCollection

It is also possible to create optional​ (mandatory=false) steps/sections which
do not appear by default, but can be added to the form using the "Add more +"
button.  But, this requires the user to click on the "Add more +" button to
access those optional steps.

However, at least at this time, there's no way to dynamically insert entirely
new steps/sections based on the metadata entered in other steps/sections.
Instead, we'd recommend looking at using "Item Type Based Metadata Collection"
to dynamically insert one (or many) fields based on the value of "dc.type".

If this doesn't align with your needs or use cases, then you are welcome to
submit a new feature request ticket to our ticketing system at
https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues   I'd ask that you describe
your use case better (perhaps based on how you used this feature in 6.x) and
why DSpace 7 doesn't align well with this use case.   We can then ask around
and see if others have a similar need (which would increase the priority)
and/or find a volunteer to investigate possible solutions for v7.

Tim