Hi,

Please follow our troubleshooting guide to find the details behind the 500
error.  It's not easy to provide any help without the error details.

https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Once you locate the error details, if you cannot figure out how to solve
the problem, you may wish to see if the error is one of the "common
installation issues" listed
here:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-CommonInstallationIssues

 If you still cannot find the solution, feel free to send the error
messages to this list and hopefully someone here can provide support.

Tim