Hi,

If you are still getting this 500 error, there's a guide for solving it in
our "Common Installation Issues"
section:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-CommonInstallationIssues

It usually means there's a misconfiguration between your backend configs
(local.cfg) and your frontend configs (config.*.yml)  *or* there may be an
SSL Certificate issue with the backend which is causing the frontend not to
be able to access it.

Also check our troubleshooting guide for hints/tips on locating the
underlying issue behind a 500 error, as it's possible that will give you
more
clues:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

If you need further help, send us the underlying error you find to this
mailing list.

Tim