Hi,

Please follow our troubleshooting guide to locate the detailed error
message behind the
scenes.
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

The error messages displayed in the User Interface just let you know there
was a problem.  But, the only way to determine the cause of the problem is
to find the detailed error message by following that Troubleshooting
guide.  Once you've found the error, if you cannot figure it out, you can
send it to this mailing list for more help.

Tim