Hi,

You appear to be looking at the DSpace *backend* directory.  DSpace has a
frontend and a backend.  To modify the frontend's settings/theme you must
locate the directory where you installed the frontend.  It should have the
setup as described
in https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/User+Interface+Configuration

Tim