Hi all,

DSpace 6.4 included fixes to upgrade both the JSPUI and XMLUI to use jQuery
3, see https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2918

This work was never ported to DSpace 5.x (and 5.x is now end-of-life, so
that port will never occur).  That said, it might be possible to manually
port this in your local 5.x instance simply by making the same changes as
were made in that PR. While the PR looks massive, it is mostly replacing
the old jQuery files with the new ones & making some relatively minor
updates to the DSpace code.

Another option is to consider upgrading to 6.4, or even to 7.x in the near
future.

Tim