Hi,

If the screen is freezing, that is usually a sign of an error occurring
behind the scenes.  I'd recommend using our Troubleshooting Guide to find
the detailed error
message:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Once you find the detailed error, you can share it back on this list if you
need more help.

Tim