Hi,

In DSpace 7, you can manage password complexity rules in a configuration.
It's controlled by a regex pattern defined here:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/main/dspace/config/modules/authentication-password.cfg#L51

Some examples of different patterns are given in the comments of that
config file.

At this time though there is no "maximum failure" attempt rules for the
default password system.  I do agree this would be useful enhancement
though... so, you are welcome to create a bug ticket regarding this & we'll
see if we can locate a volunteer interested in implementing
it. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues

Tim