Hi,

Those "core.*" files are not being created by DSpace.   DSpace never
writes/creates new files to that folder once it is running.

It's likely those are memory dumps created by Linux.  It sounds like some
process (maybe Node.js, or whatever else you are using the run the DSpace
UI?) is running out of memory and/or crashing frequently. That is likely
what is creating these "core.*" files.  See this StackOverflow for
example: https://stackoverflow.com/a/20530587/3750035

Tim