From: dspace-tech@googlegroups.com <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
Christiane Baier <c...@leibniz-psychology.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 2:06 AM
To: DSpace Technical Support <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [dspace-tech] Re: dspace-7.5. angular-ui gives no response

Hi Tim,

Before I posted my problem here I tried everything as as outlined in
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-FrontendInstallation
It is not working without pm2.

/dspace-ui-deploy$ node ./dist/server/main.js

Building production app config

Overriding app config with /dspace-ui-deploy/config/config.yml

Overriding app config with /dspace-ui-deploy/config/config.prod.yml

Angular config.json file generated correctly at
/dspace-ui-deploy/dist/browser/assets/config.json

Environment extended with app config

dspace-angular

Version: 7.5.0

Environment: Production

[HPM] Proxy created: /  -> https://<nameOfMyServer>/server/sitemaps

[08:20:25 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit)] Listening at
http://localhost:4000/

If I do:

wget -v http://localhost:4000

--2023-05-23 08:33:09--  http://localhost:4000/

Auflösen des Hostnamens localhost (localhost) … ::1, 127.0.0.1

Verbindungsaufbau zu localhost (localhost)|::1|:4000 … fehlgeschlagen:
Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt.

Verbindungsaufbau zu localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:4000 … verbunden.

HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet …

Then nothing happens. And I mean nothing. I can see the connection in netstat
tcp        0      0 localhost:4000          localhost:46794         VERBUNDEN
dspace     784425     44998/node

And I don't get an answer where I started wget. And I am patient. After more
then 15 minutes I get

GET / - - ms - -

on the console where I started node
an other 15 minutes:

Lesefehler (Die Wartezeit für die Verbindung ist abgelaufen) beim Vorspann
(header).

Erneuter Versuch.

--2023-05-23 08:48:10--  (Versuch: 2)  http://localhost:4000/

Verbindungsaufbau zu localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:4000 … verbunden.

HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet …

It starts a third try, before it gives up.
And no clue what is wrong. I did the test:

dspace-angular$ yarn test:rest

yarn run v1.22.19

$ ts-node --project ./tsconfig.ts-node.json scripts/test-rest.ts

Building production app config

Overriding app config with /home/dspace/dspace-angular/config/config.yml

Overriding app config with /home/dspace/dspace-angular/config/config.prod.yml

...Testing connection to REST API at https://<nameOfMyServer>/server/api...

RESPONSE: 200 200

Checking JSON returned for validity...

"dspaceVersion" = DSpace 7.5

"dspaceUI" = https://<nameOfMyAngularServer>

"dspaceServer" = https://<nameOfMyServer>/server

"dspaceServer" property matches UI's "rest" config? true

Does "/api" endpoint have HAL links ("_links" section)? true

Done in 5.38s.

In the Apache Config I included
ProxyPass / http://localhost:4000/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:4000/

I can't do more then doing exactly what is written in the installation
instructions. So what is wrong?

Kind Regards
Christiane