Hello,

I am now considering various approaches to upgrade DSpace from ver. 6 to 7
or 8.

Would it be feasible to install a fresh new DSpace version and then import
publications from the old repository, but preserving specific elements like
item handles? Or traditional way of upgrading would be eventually less
challenging? I don't care about any UI customization, but obviously keeping
the current handles would be critical.

Thanks
Peter