At this point in time, there is no configuration available to allow you to
display statistics on the homepage.  That said, it likely would be possible
to copy code from the site-statistics-page module
<https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/tree/dspace-7_x/src/app/statistics-page/site-statistics-page>
 (which
displays statistics for the entire site) into the home-page module
<https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/tree/dspace-7_x/src/app/home-page>.
 However, we have no guide on how to do that, and I'm honestly not sure how
easy that would be.

Perhaps if someone else has done this at their institution, they can
provide some hints/tips in this email thread.

Tim