Hi,
I work in ADVA with Joanna Molad Finchelman which gave me this mail.
Please advise:
We are currently working on a PCI card with I210 chip integrated inside.
When I am looking at a specific i201 Fiber NIC, I see this PCI identification :
vendor ID - INTEL (0x8086)
device ID  -   E1000_DEV_ID_I210_FIBER (0x1536)

questions:

  1.  If we use only the I210 chip in our PCI card, what is the PCI device ID?
  2.  if on the same PC we have our PCI card with I210 chip and an I201 NIC
card,
are they both have the same device ID? How Linux udev can distinguish between
them, and know the right driver to load?

I guess my question is how all developers that use I210 chip on their PCI card
can have a specific PCI identification?
Is there some “sub device ID” we can use?

Thanks,

Best Regards | Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Dziękuję i Pozdrawiam  | 谨致问候

Sagi Maimon

SW manager
Adva
2 Hatidhar Street, P.O.B 2552