On 7/28/2023 6:26 AM, Alireza Sadeghpour wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to establish a uni-directional Ethernet link where a
> singular fiber is used to transmit data to the receiver where both sides
> use ixgbe as driver. The Rx of the transmit side and the Tx of the receive
> side are not physically connected, like in a Data diode scenario. The
> problem is, as soon as I detach the tx line from one side, both side link
> status goes DOWN. is it possible to mask link status in the ixgbe driver to
> force it to be UP state in both side?

Yes, there is a force-link-up bit, called AUTOC.FLU.

You may have to set some other registers in AUTOC to force link speed, etc.

I'm pretty sure this will work as I've done it in the past, but your
mileage may vary and this is way outside normal for the linux driver, so
I can't help you much beyond this email.

If you still need help after trying the above, I recommend you contact
Intel Support.

Jesse