Dear colleagues,

There is a PhD position open in my group at the German Centre for
Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-Leipzig.  This
position would be ideal for someone interested in combining biological
and computational approaches towards achieving synthesis in our
understanding of biodiversity patterns/processes.

The specific PhD project will lead efforts towards synthesizing species-
energy relationships (aka productivity-diversity relationships) and the
processes underlying this fundamental biodiversity gradient by applying
tools we are developing that allow the dissection of species richness
into its constituent parts and across scales.  The project will include
a combination of meta-analysis of published data, analyses of global
datasets (using marine fishes and/or trees), analyses of
continental/regional and island datasets (using trees, birds, and/or
freshwater organisms), and/or field work using globally distributed
grassland vegetation plots.  Opportunities also exist for getting
involved in related collaborative projects, as well as participating in
international working groups to achieve synthesis (i.e., through sDiv,
the synthesis centre of iDiv).

More details on iDiv can be found at https://www.idiv.de/

More details on the position, application procedure, etc. can be found
here:
https://www.idiv.de/fileadmin/content/Vacancies_PDF/PhDannouncementChase
2.pdf

Best,
Jon Chase

------
Jonathan Chase
Professor and Head of Biodiversity Synthesis Research Group
German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-
Leipzig

Email: jonathan.ch...@idiv.de

Affiliations
Department of Computer Science
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg

German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-
Leipzig
Deutscher Platz 5e
04103 Leipzig
Germany

iDiv is a research centre of the DFG – Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft