Lacawac Sanctuary and Biological Field Station is excited to announce the
6th annual Lacawac Ecology Conference (LEC) to be held October 27-28, 2017.
It will be held at Lacawac Sanctuary in the Pocono Mountains of
Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Registration is now open!

LEC provides:
- A great venue for connecting with regional scientists
- An opportunity to discuss research ideas in an informal setting (for both
faculty and students)
- Building new collaborations in the Northeast Region
- Lodging in our beautiful and historic Great Camp Lodge, which is listed
on the National Register of Historic Places

This year we have Dr. Courtney Wighdal-Perry of SUNY Fredonia as our
plenary speaker. Dr. Wighdal-Perry's primary research interests are in
understanding how environmental change influences organisms that live in
lakes. This includes aspects of phytoplankton ecology, lake response to
climate change and anthropogenic effects, regional synchrony of such
food web interactions.

For more details or to register, see our webpage:
http://www.lacawac.org/lacawac-ecology-conference.html

Registration should be received by October 15, 2017. Please contact Sarah
Princiotta (sarah.princio...@lacawc.org) with any questions.