Hi Joseph!

Your questions are about the peer review functionality in Wiki Education's
Dashboard; it's only available for courses supported by Wiki Education, so
those in the U.S. and Canada. So you may not get much advice from this
list, since most people here are from the global community.

I've copied Helaine on this message; hopefully she can offer you help. (For
those of you who don't know her, Helaine is the program manager for the
education program in the U.S. and Canada.)

LiAnna

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 5:56 AM Joseph Reagle <joseph.2...@reagle.org> wrote:

> I typically teach with Wikipedia once a year, and there's often new
> Dashboard functionality or tutorials to take advantage of. However, I'm
> presently struggling with the Peer Review functionality.
>
> This semester I decided to use the Dashboard's peer review and some
> students are still in their sandbox and others are in mainspace and when
> they move or rename their article the Dashboard doesn't track it, so its
> hard for students to find others' work. There's a bunch of links now (for
> the sandbox and mainspace) and I expect students who give feedback on work
> that is in the mainspace will leave it on the sandbox if there's still an
> old copy, etc.
>
> Additionally, there are now links for "peer review" in the dashboard that
> create separate pages, instead of encouraging students to edit the article
> for minor fixes and use the Talk page for discussion.
>
> Am I misunderstanding how to use this; does anyone have any tips?
>
> I'm thinking the old fashion approach of simply creating a user page where
> the students manually share the latest link to their content and sign up
> for others is easier...?
>
> —Joseph

LiAnna Davis (she/her)
Chief Programs Officer; Deputy Director