On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 2:53 PM HP <pfizenma...@q.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to use the P3 utility image grabs -while connected to the
> K3S using the
> USB to computer - then the CBLP3Y RJ-45 to DE9s and DE9P  Y adapter????

Yes.  Just connect the P3 Utility to the K3 virtual serial port.

> while using N1MM logging program.

No, you can't run N1MM logging program and P3 or K3 Utility at the same
time, unless you terminate N1MM first, or temporarily disable N1MM's use of
the K3 virtual serial port.

> ALSO __Is there a way to use the P3 utility image grabs -while connected
> to the K3 if the
> RS232 is being used by a logging program  (N1MM) as well ?

No.  The logging program has to be terminated.

Can a "port sharing" utility be used -and if so which spigots ???

Not recommended.  The screen grab transfers a huge amount of data that
takes significant time to transfer at 38400 baud.  Any software sharing
utility would probably interfere with this data transmission.

>From what I read ib Cady'd book it appears with K3S you CAN do a screen
> grab to a USB stick
> in the P3 USB connector  if  you have the SVGA option in the P3  - this
> would be usable -

Correct.

> BUT does that still result in the COM port conflict with N1MM  ???

No, the snapshot is initiated by pressing a button on the P3.  But this
also takes a long time.

Guess this whole thing is moot I just checked and the SVGA kit  is not
> available.
> Hank K7HP

I'm sure a number of P3+P3SVGA will be available on the used market soon,
given all the folks planning to upgrade to the K4.

Meanwhile, you can get much better and faster screen grabs using an
off-the-shelf HF SDR with the antenna port wired to the K3 RX OUT
connector, and free software like HDSDR.  No need to use the P3.

73,
Bob, N6TV