Hi John,

If you have *CONFIG: RS-232* set to *USB*, then both K3 serial ports are
fixed at 38400 baud, so you have to use that setting in the SteppIR
controller, and set the radio type to Elecraft (or Kenwood).

A custom cable is required to allow the SteppIR auto-track to work via the
K3 9-pin serial port at the same time.  This is something I implement in my
Serial Box (S-BOX <https://bit.ly/S-BOX>) offering so that one can use
standard economical serial cables and omit all Y-adapters and expensive
custom SteppIR cables.

The serial cable connection from the SteppIR to the K3S serial port (via
the Elecraft RJ-45 to DE-9F adapter cable, P/N E980297) must make no
connection on Pin 3 (TXD), and Pins 7 and 9 must be shorted.

Finally, a logging program must be actively polling the K3, or CONFIG:AUTO
INF must be set to AUTO 1, or else the SteppIR won't get any frequency data.

If you are also connecting a P3 via the CBLP3Y, then a serial Y-cable or
S-BOX must be connected to the P3 "PC - RS232" port, with one side going to
the CBLP3Y male DE-9 connector, and the other side going to the SteppIR
cable.

73,
Bob, N6TV
https://bit.ly/S-BOX