IMHO, both the RIT/XIT knob and RIT clear button in the Kenwood ST-995sdr
image are poorly located.  I wouldn't recommend this radio for "big gun
contesting" unless they offered an outboard RIT knob with an RIT clear
button, like the Elecraft K-POD, or the old Ekletech outboard tuning knob
(made by K9SD).  Perhaps it was designed primarily for military use?

However, I do like the concentric knobs in the Kenwood.  Concentric optical
encoders are (or were) quite expensive, which is why the K4 doesn't have
any.  The only concentric knob on the K4 is the AF and SUB AF gain knob,
which is a POT.

I expect this new Kenwood transceiver will generate sticker shock when the
price is finally announced, similar to the Icom IC-7851.

73,
Bob, N6TV