There's a special setting only documented in the K3 Firmware Release Notes
<ftp://ftp.elecraft.com/K3/firmware/hfwnotes.rtf> as follows:

* TX LINE OUT (MONITOR) LEVEL NOW ADJUSTABLE: In CONFIG:LIN OUT menu entry,
tap '2'  (REV switch) to set the "T=" level (TX monitor). Tap '2' again to
return to the RX LINE OUT setting.

So if you go to CONFIG:LIN OUT, then tap [2], you can change the sidetone
(monitor) level.

73,
Bob, N6TV