I recommend checking the P3 Manual for the correct hookup.  You can either
use the optional CBLP3Y cable (a separate purchase) or the RJ-45 to DE9-F
adapter cable that is supplied with every K3S.  If using the latter, you
have to change CONFIG:RS232 to 38400 (not USB), and the USB cable can
only be used for the USB Audio CODEC, not rig control, and you use the same
serial cable you were using before, with the K3.  Otherwise, you need to
use the CBL3P3Y to make everything work with one USB cable (CONFIG:RS232
USB).

73,
Bob, N6TV