On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 1:48 PM Dick Dievendorff <d...@elecraft.com> wrote:

> KUP2 reset to factory defaults doesn’t have an “Are You Sure” confirmation
> popup.

Please add it.  This will avoid many angry phone calls to support and huge
flames on the Internet.

> Neither do any of the other buttons on the radio.

Other buttons don't need it.  Reset to factory defaults (and EEINIT) really
do need it.

> It’s on the “Details” page, not immediately that easy to reach.

Many hams are old with shaky hands and many also suffer from Parkinsons
(N6RA, KG6I, NI6T, N6BV, W2LE, ...).  It's far too easy to tap something
dangerous like this when it was not intended.  And what if your cat starts
swatting at the USB mouse and clicks Factory Reset?  :-)  OK, the latter is
unlikely, but the former is a serious concern.

> The KPA1500 still needs enough exciter power to tune, and 20W is about
> right. What’s new is that the KPA1500’s request to turn on the K4
> tune-level carrier when the KPA1500 ATU needs to tune and turn it off after
> the KPA1500 indicates that tuning has been completed. You should still
> adjust K4 TUNE POWER for an appropriate level. And whatever you set it to
> should stick.

By TUNE POWER I assume you mean the *TUNE LP* menu setting.  The *TUNE
LP* setting
now defaults to only 5W (used to be 10W).  So, using all the Elecraft
defaults, tapping the ATU TUNE button on the KPA1500 won't always work,
because the amp.'s tuner will only get 5W drive instead of 20W.

73,
Bob, N6TV