There's a special setting only documented in the K3 Firmware Release Notes as
follows:

* TX LINE OUT (MONITOR) LEVEL NOW ADJUSTABLE: In CONFIG:LIN OUT menu
entry, tap '2'  (REV switch) to set the "T=" level (TX monitor). Tap '2'
again to return to the RX LINE OUT setting.

So if you go to CONFIG:LIN OUT, then tap [2], you can change the sidetone
(or SSB) monitor level to 0.

There is also a "Listen to this device" checkbox in the Windows Sound
Control panel, sound card Properties, that you may need to disable.  Run
mmsys.cpl to locate the USB Audio CODEC, under the *Recording* tab.

73,
Bob, N6TV