On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:24 PM Tim Tucker <ae...@worldwidedx.com> wrote:

> I plan to buy one of these to interface the K4 ethernet to my home Wifi:
>

> https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Ethernet-2-WiFi-Universal-Wireless-GWU637/dp/B018YPWORE

That will probably work fine once programmed to connect to your WiFi Router.

If there's a PC in the shack with an unused Ethernet port, one that
connects to the Internet via WiFi, Windows Internet Connection sharing
could also work, with an Ethernet cable between PC and K4.

Per WA6HHQ, Elecraft is also working to provide a way to update the
firmware via flash drive, where a PC (or MAC?) could be used to download
firmware from a web site.  Obviously updating via direct Internet
connection will be the most convenient.

73,
Bob, N6TV