On Thu, Apr 29, 2021, 8:20 PM John Reilly <reill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two K3 questions:
>     1. In Data MD, AFSk A, you can set the baud rate to either 45 or 75.
> Is the baud rate just for the RTTY reader?

Yes

Does it affect anything else?

No.

    2. With my K3s power set to 100w, RTTY starts at a little below 50w
> and and then fairly slowly builds to 100w (measured on an external
> wattmeter). I've done a TX calibration -- no change. What is going on?

You may have lost a final.  How to confirn (TNX WE6R):

1. Mode: SSB
2. Band: 160m
3. Power: 10W
4. Speak into the microphone and listen on another receiver.
5. Continue speaking while listening on the other receiver and slowly
increasing the power.
6. If the received audio becomes terribly distorted once you get above 13
or 14 watts, it usually means that you need to have the unit repaired to
replace a final.

GL.

73,
Bob, N6TV