On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 2:22 PM Andy Durbin <a.dur...@msn.com> wrote:

> Having the KPA500 and KAT500 tune before transmit requires something to
> send TX band data to KPA500 and TX frequency data to KAT500.   Following
> Kenwood FA is a weak (in my opinion hopelessly unsatisfactory) solution
> since split operation usually has VFO B as the TX VFO.

In practice, wide split frequency operation is quite rare these days, so
tracking VFO A is usually OK.

Nevertheless, see page 16 - 18 of the KAT500 Owner's Manual
<https://ftp.elecraft.com/KAT500/Manuals%20Downloads/E740183%20Rev%20D1%20KAT500%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf>
for interfacing to KPA500 and KAT500 via CBL-KENSER500 to a Kenwood rig.
Note the Kenwood TS-590SG menu settings on Page 18.

64 TRANSFER SPLIT FREQUENCY DATA TO ANOTHER TRANSCEIVER
65 COPY SPLIT FREQUENCY DATA TO VFO

These options may help the KAT500 track split frequencies better, but I
have not traced them to see how they change the output streams.

Elecraft has been asked to revise the KAT500 firmware so it properly
> extracts TX frequency from IF, FA, and FB just like KPA500 and KPA1500 do.
> I don't know when/if that update will be available.

I don't know when, but I think it is their goal.

73,
Bob, N6TV