I documented the procedure about 13 years ago in this presentation, linked
at the very bottom of my QRZ.COM page <https://www.qrz.com/db/n6tv>, which
includes the recommended Mini-Circuits 50 ohm splitter (ZFSC-2-6
<https://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/ZFSC-2-6%2B.pdf>).

   - Adding a Software Defined Radio (SDR) to an SO2R station
   <http://tinyurl.com/4zama4>

High power cannot exit the RF ANT OUT jack, so it's safe, but there's no
way to prevent a local skimmer from spotting you.  Skimmer won't spot your
own call, but it will usually spot busted variants.  I recommend
disconnecting your skimmer from the RBN when operating at the same site.

Local RF will usually leak into the SDR even with no antenna connected; the
SDR is very sensitive.  Probably no way to mute it completely during TX.

73,
Bob, N6TV