Elecraft and ACOM amplifiers have a jack labeled KEY IN, so connecting KEY
OUT to KEY IN makes the most sense.  Alpha and SPE amps call it a RELAY
jack, but most rigs and some QSK amps don't use actual T/R relays any
more.  A few amps have a jack labeled PTT (RF Kit, Juma).  If you connect a
PTT jack on a rig to the PTT jack on these amps, obviously that won't work
unless both are wired in parallel to a footswitch or PTT circuit to key
both simultaneously, but then you can't use VOX.

Yaesu rigs key amps using a jack labeled TX-GND.  Icom labels it SEND.
Kenwood rigs use a RL pin on a DIN plug labeled REMOTE.  KEY OUT makes much
more sense than any of these labels IMHO.

Any jack on a *rig* labeled PTT is an input, not an output.  I can't think
of any modern rig that has a jack labeled "PTT OUT".

73,
Bob, N6TV