I have a K3 in the 3000 serial number range that I built from a kit originally.
This last year the audio has been cutting out after playing at a high level for
a while on the internal speaker.It gets kind of crispy sounding like you were
wiggling a loose wire and the volume goes way down but then comes back up if
you increase the volume knob a little bit. Just wiggling the volume knob makes
no difference but when it cuts out it won't come back if you turn the volume
down a little but it will come back if you turn the volume up a little. It just
sounds real crispy then.I tried wiggling the speaker connections and it did not
make a difference. Gently tapping on the radio or the internal boards does not
duplicate the problem.Thank you in advance for your ideas and hopefully
instructions to repair.Dean Kg7mz