I don't remember what Ed had connected to his Y-BOX.  Maybe just an
Elecraft amplifier and an FSK keyer like a Mortty or WinKey V3.

Unlike the K3, the K4 provides two (2) independent virtual serial ports via
the USB cable, plus a third independent legacy RS232 port, all of which now
support FSK RTTY keying directly via DTR pin, with no external keyer device
required.  So, the K3 requirement to break out the FSK pin of the ACC to do
FSK RTTY keying no longer exists with the K4, though it's still supported.
You no longer need to use external devices to get FSK RTTY keying from
MMTTY.  See the Elecraft K4 Application Note
<https://ftp.elecraft.com/K4/Manuals%20Downloads/FSK%20RTTY%20Keying%20via%20USB%20or%20Serial%20Port%20with%20the%20Elecraft%20K4%20Transceiver.pdf>
.

The Y-BOX is still very useful with a K4, if you want to connect more than
one device to the K4 ACC connector, such as an automatic amplifier and an
automatic antenna switch / band decoder, plus a Mortty or WinKey V3 for
external FSK keying, or a RemoteRig box for Remote Power ON, or a microHAM
keying interface.

Version 3.0 of the Y-BOX now includes four pull-up resistors to 12V on the
band data lines, which is only required when connecting certain
combinations of equipment to either the K3 or K4 in parallel, such as a
KPA500 and an Antenna Genius or BCD-14 Band Decoder, due to the
opto-isolators in some non-Elecraft devices draining too much current from
the pins.  The Y-BOX also provides an option to remotely toggle an Elecraft
amplifier on or off from a K3 or K4 macro button, which is not supported by
the Elecraft AUX cable without modification (because the Elecraft KPAK3AUX
cable has no connection to Pin 8, so it provides no access to the KPA
remote PWR ON line).  The Y-BOX replaces the Elecraft AUX cables with
standard 15-pin cables and is available in various lengths.

73,
Bob, N6TV
https://bit.ly/Y-BOX