I use KAT500 Utility remotely by running it on a small, inexpensive server
computer at the remote station and displaying and controlling it via Chrome
Remote Desktop. (There are several equivalent remote desktop programs.)
Note that you can not run KAT500 Utility and KAT500 Remote Server at the
same time because they both use the one serial port into the KAT500 device.

This arrangement has been completely satisfactory for me because the
settings I make with Utility endure for many months, only occasionally
changing in response to antenna changes. In fact, since I am there at the
remote site when changing antennas, I rarely need to operate Utility
remotely. But I certainly can. KAT500 Remote is the control point in use
when actually operating on the air with KAT500.

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 5:25 PM W2HX <w...@w2hx.com> wrote:

> Ok, I've done some homework and have a good understanding of the KAT500
> and the KAT Utility which seems to have all the functions I am looking for.
>
> Next question. If I want to control the KAT500 over ethernet, my
> understanding is I need to use the Remote server and client applications.
> However, it seems the remote client application seems to not have the full
> functionality of the KAT Utility program. Does anyone know if the full
> functionality of the Utility program can be available in a remote
> situation? Or is there where I veer into the note-red territory?
>

> 73 Eugene W2HX
> Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@w2hx/videos

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA