I should also mention that Tree-Sitter still isn't as wide as the makers
intend it to be (e.g. it doesn't handle gracefully many megabytes of code
in a single file
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Ftree-sitter%2Ftree-sitter%2Fissues%2F222%23issuecomment-435987441&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGO7v7PEE5lJBdX-2qBPksEKxeuDA>),

but it's already plenty usable for the usual cases.

The reason for bringing this topic up is to keep it under radar. I doubt
the grammar API is drastically gonna change, so it could be done now, but I
think it would also be fine to postpone consideration until VSCode &
friends are all fully integrated into it.