Hi,
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:05 PM, David Reitter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Ismail,
>>
>> http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~ismail/tmp/emacs.app.tar.bz2 (351mb)
>>
>> Unpack.
>
> Okay, that's taking up half a gig just to keep the sources around.  They
> can't possibly that big...?

It is sadly.

> A single branch of GNU Emacs  is less than 100MB, and I guess bzr keeps all
> revisions around.

Did you know it used more than 2GB of RAM just to clone that repo? Scary stuff.

> How do I throw away all the revisions and only check out revisions when they
> are needed, i.e. like in CVS?

No idea about this, sorry.

>> You can update with bzr
>> pull later on.
>
> I tried that, but it doesn't work:
>
>  bzr pull
> Using saved location:
> http://arch.savannah.gnu.org/archives/emacs/bzr/emacs.app/
> bzr: ERROR: Transport error: Server refuses to fullfil the request
>

> What am I doing wrong?

This is a bazaar bug. If you installed from 1.5 DMG file, open

/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/_urllib2_wrappers.py

On around around 1307 you'll see something like :

    accepted_errors = [200, # Ok
                       206, # Partial content
                       404, # Not found
                       ]

Just add 403 to that list :

    accepted_errors = [200, # Ok
                       206, # Partial content
                       403,
                       404, # Not found
                       ]

And you should be able to pull now.

<Rant>
This is why I want emacs.app merged to Emacs CVS so we'll get a GIT
repo for free
</Rant>

Regards,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.