Den lör 2 jan. 2021 kl 20:27 skrev John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>:

> > From: Chris Albertson [mailto:albertson.ch...@gmail.com]
> > I've seen CAD models of the complete Bridgeport machine on GrabCad.   It
> > really is helpful to have a good model so you can test-fit parts before
> you
> > make them.
> >
> > I found a model of my Harbor Fright minimill so now I can able to make
> > add-on parts that match the screw-holes on the mill, first try.   Yes I
> had
> > the verify the model.   I would not trust something I downloaded.
> >
> > I know what you said about dropping the z-axis faster than gravity
> allows.
> >   I'm using a ball screw for that.  Turns out the Chinese ball screws are
> > cheap and actually better than spec'd.
> >
> Mine is equivalent to a Grizzly Tools G3616 now no longer made.  And in
> Canada House of Tools is long gone.  The first thing I need to do is swap
> the XY with ball screws.  There's a guy in Australia that did a major
> rework on this machine so he has some good videos and ideas.
>
> Needless to say there is no 3D rendering of the entire machine.  I started
> on that about 8 years ago when I first got AlibreCAD.  Now I might move
> forward with that and do some more.
>
> The knee assembly is just the screw and pulleys.  The Y axis has a
> truncated Knee casting since a full one would get in the way of seeing
> things, even with transparency.   And I only did enough of the X axis to
> make sure things looked right.
>
> Haven't yet figured out how to create an assembly that has a toothed belt
> that can be animated.  I'm sure it's possible.  But is it really worth the
> time...
>
> I've also modeled several different ways to do ball screws.  The X axis
> has over 0.012" of backlash.  Aggressive climb milling will pull the
> table.  So ball screws are next on the list once I bundle up rest of the
> control cabinet.
>
> I now have enough AC Servos for the other axis but for now that would be
> repeating what already works.  X and Y are DC brushed servos driven with
> HP_UHU kits. (I have two spares of those too).
>
> And  pump oiler that still needs to be installed and plumbed.
>
> John

I made HTD5 pulleys two years something ago. We made an automation machine
that needed bigger pulleys that we could find so I 3D printed one, sanded
it slightly to smooth the grooves, made a silicone mould from it and then
made two copies in GF powder reinforced epoxy. They are rock solid and the
machins runs on a daily basis.

/Sven