Den tis 5 jan. 2021 kl 15:36 skrev Todd Zuercher <to...@pgrahamdunn.com>:

> I've noticed what appears to be a lot of new development of new GUIs for
> Linuxcnc lately.  Here is an idea that I would love to see implemented in a
> new GUI, but I do not have the programming skills to implement it.  For our
> production machines it would be nice for the supervisors to be able to set
> up a que of g-code files for shifts to run.  The que would be a list of
> g-code files, and their location paths (possibly a network location), the
> number of repeats to run, and possibly a material to be used description.
> Then the machine operators would simply unload/load the machine, and press
> start, once the required number of runs is completed the gui would
> automatically load the next g-code file in the que and prompt the user what
> material to load for the next run.  How hard might something like this be
> to implement?
>

> Todd Zuercher

In the workshop I was working in during the 90's we already used this
setup. All machines were fed with programs from a minix server that we used
as a file service at the CAM stations.
Spontaneusly I would say that if you have a File/HTTP server it should be
fairly easy to make a user space component that fetches the programs, i.e.
not so much GUI related really but you can get a tab or dialog listing
upcoming runs.

/Sven