If you like, you could look on the C3 as a Cisco Hybrid (CatOS + IOS).

You do not require a relay agent in the router interface. You configure a pool
for each address range you need to serve and the 'pool network' command defines
the addresses that each pool will serve.

The 'set IP address' command can be a tough concept to grasp. However, unlike
the E1 for example, the IP address on the switch cannot be in a subnet that is
on the router (NB this may change). What this means in practice is that, if the
C3 is your only router then you manage the C3 by telnet to one of the router
interfaces and don't bother with the "set IP address' command.

You will need to set an IP address on the B3s in order to manage them, of
course.

Billo
Data Communications Co-Ordinator
Information Technology & Telecommunications
Hunter New England Health Service
ph 0249 213804 fax 0249 213038
william.ol...@hnehealth.nsw.gov.au
>>> "Pal, Abhijit IN CCU SISL" <abhijit....@siemens.com> 06/08/09 7:12 PM >>>
Hi,

Not so clear.

The DHCP server will serve ip to all the bellow mentioned vlans. So the DHCP
server will hold different ip pool. But what about the Relay agent? Without
relay agent will the DHCP server be able to serve ip to separate vlans?

And one more help I need. I have issued "set ip address" command with the ip
address on all the switches. But not able to telnet them from a PC.

How to set up ip addresses on all the Switches so that I can telnet to them
from any PC in the N/W?

Best Regards,
 Abhijit Pal

SIEMENS Information systems Limited.
GO/ GTAS(Global Technology Application Services)
13th Floor, Tower-2,Millenium City Bldg,
DN-62,Sector-5,SaltLake, Kolkata-700091.
DID:    +91 33 2339 9396
Board:+91 33 2339 9000