On 2017-08-11 19:00, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
I have opened 2 tickets in RELENG to have these packages
removed/blocked for EPEL.

Packages which are newer in EPEL than RHEL-7.4

https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6948

Packages which are older in EPEL than RHEL-7.4 but exist in aarch64,
x86_64, ppc64, and ppc64le

https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6950

The remaining packages which are not in all architectures BUT are very
old (and may break other things). These need some sort of
update/rebuild I expect.

I took a look at the three I am maintainer of:

perl-Crypt-PasswdMD5

This package is unchanged from the EPEL package, just rebuilt (apart from the EPEL package having a "0." release prefix to indicate that it's one of the limited arch packages). I don't really think anything needs to be done with this.

python-crypto

This is basically a clone of the existing EPEL package, with conditionals added around the python3 package so it doesn't get built for RHEL, which doesn't have python3.x. Updating this to match the RHEL package would result in dropping the python3 support, so I think this should be left alone too.

python-paramiko

This one has had a version bump to a major new version that uses a different crypto backend (python-cryptography rather than python-crypto). This one should be cloned into the epel7 branch, a "0." prepended to Release: and the python3 package enabled I think.

Paul.