Hi Gang:

Resurrecting this old thread from 09/2021�

For the last few years, the lack of an ESS release has been decried.
And, deservedly so.  Now, I�m happy to report that we intend to
create a new release roughly by XMAS.  The reason that I am
telling all of you this: we are very interested in hearing what
issues that you are experiencing.  As you all know, Emacs has
evolved rapidly recently from v26 to 29: a more rapid release
schedule than we have been used to.  Speaking for myself,
there have been Emacs changes that have impacted ESS
features that I use frequently.  So, I�m assuming that others
have seen the same and, potentially, have nice workarounds.
If you check github, then you will see that we have not really
started.  But, hopefully, that should change over the next month.
Thanks

--
Rodney Sparapani, Associate Professor of Biostatistics, He/Him/His
Vice President, Wisconsin Chapter of the American Statistical Association

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]